MHET RAP helps needy low-income mobile home park residents.
What The Program Does?
Monthly rent subsidies are paid to qualified mobile home park residents on an interim basis until they begin receiving government housing assistance or other income assistance.
What The Program Does Not Do?
No liens are taken against the mobile home and no pay back is required. The program does not subsidize mobile home park residents who have adequate resources and assets to pay their rent.
Mobile home owners who:
• own their mobile home and live in it as their primary place of residence
• have lived in the park where they are currently residing for the past three consecutive years
• have housing costs equal to or greater than 40% of their income
• do not have real property with a value of $10,000 or more
• do not have personal property with a value of $10,000 or more (excluding mobile home)
• qualify for HUD Section 8 rental subsidy and are on the waiting list for assistance.
• live in a jurisdiction that is not regulated by rent control
• is in compliance with all park rules and regulations
• complete all of the appropriate application forms
Who Pays For The Rent Subsidy?
Mobile home park owners
For information or questions call MHET Mobile Home Assistance Program at (949) 380-3311.