Established 1982, Serving Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties.

MHET Mobile Home Hotline > (855) 438-6438

Home / Services / Mobile Home Assistance Program
Thursday, Jun 01, 2023

Mobile Home Assistance Program

The Mobile Home Assistance Program is sponsored by Manufactured Housing Educational Trust (MHET RAP). This program helps needy low-income mobile home park residents in non-rentcontrolled jurisdictions.

Download Information Flyer.

What The Program Does?

Monthly rent subsidies are paid to qualified mobile home park residents on an interim basis until they begin receiving government housing assistance or other income assistance.

What The Program Does Not Do?

No liens are taken against the mobile home and no pay back is required. The program does not subsidize mobile home park residents who have adequate resources and assets to pay their rent or mobile home owners in a rent controlled jurisdiction.

Who Qualifies?

Mobile home owners who:

  • own their mobile home and live in it as their primary place of residence
  • have lived in the park where they are currently residing for the past three consecutive years
  • meet the very low-income guidelines used by the local Housing Authority for the Section 8 rental assistance program (Gross annual income from all sources is 50% of the median income or less)
  • must meet one or more of the following criteria: (1) be at least 62 years of age or older; (2) be a family of two or more; (3) or be disabled
  • does not receive assistance from any other rental assistance program
  • have housing costs equal to or greater than 40% of their income
  • do not have real property with a value of $25,000 or more
  • do not have personal property with a value of $40,000 or more (excluding mobile home)
  • qualify for HUD Section 8 rental subsidy and are on the waiting list for assistance.
  • live in a jurisdiction that is not regulated by rent control
  • is in compliance with all park rules and regulations
  • complete all of the appropriate application forms
Who Pays For The Rent Subsidy?

Mobile home park owners pay for the subsidy.

For information or questions call MHET Mobile Home Assistance Program at (949) 380-3311.