Established 1982, Serving Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties.

MHET Mobile Home Hotline > (855) 438-6438

Home / Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ February 2024
Sunday, Apr 14, 2024

FAQ February 2024

Q: Is the new park management allowed to change rules on long-time residents or are these residents “grandfathered-in” under the old rules?

A: Existing residents are not exempt from park rule changes. According to the MRL (Civil Code §798.25), the park can change a park rule and regulation as it applies to existing residents, after giving residents six-month’s notice of the change, or a 60-day notice if it involves changes in rules relating to the park’s recreational facilities, such as the swimming pool or recreational facilities within the clubhouse. The management must also meet and confer with park residents, at the residents’ request, upon a 6-month notice regarding a change in park rules but is not bound to accept residents’ suggestions or requests regarding the rules. (Civil Code §798.25(b))


  • Existing residents are not exempt from park rule changes.
  • A 6-month advance written notice is required for a rule change.
  • A 60-day advance written notice is required if a rule change affects the common recreational facilities.

California Department of Housing & Community Development (HCD)