Established 1982, Serving Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties.

MHET Mobile Home Hotline > (855) 438-6438

Home / Mobile Home Title and Registration
Wednesday, Jul 24, 2024

Mobile Home Title and Registration

It was recently reported that there are an astonishingly large number of California Mobile Homes that are not registered. Cities, counties and HCD are beginning to crack down on collecting these fees. Make sure that you are not one of those homeowners. You can complete the renewal process online at;jsessionid=vKK2VszSp29mGcdYDngLR2vPpg6kr78JkWrr2vJnPQz9LtlS1WPB!-1299029784

Registration and Titling Q & A

What if my Registration decal has been stolen; how do I replace it?

If you have lost your registration decal, or if it has been stolen, mutilated or become illegible you need to contact the Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) and request an application for replacement. You must submit this and pay the required fees (more information on fee’s can be found at

Is there a Specific Department at HCD that Handles Titles and Registrations?

Yes. You can contact them directly at:

Registration and Titling
(916) 323-9224
toll free (800) 952-8356

I recently purchased a used mobile home and have not received the title. What can I do?

MRL 18122.5 states that it is unlawful to “neglect properly to endorse, date and deliver the certificate title and… to fail to deliver the registration card”. If you have not received these from the seller of the home and you have attempted to obtain it from the seller contact HCD. Their code enforcement department should be able to assist you in obtaining the title.

**Always make sure that the seller of the mobile home has the title (ask to see it before the purchase) and is up to date on their registration fees/property taxes. If they are behind you could be held accountable to pay their back taxes/fees