Established 1982, Serving Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties.

MHET Mobile Home Hotline > (855) 438-6438

Home / Renters Tax Rebates are Available
Thursday, May 30, 2024

Renters Tax Rebates are Available

Owners of mobile homes who are renting space in a mobile home park may apply for renters tax credits when the Internal Revenue Service or the State Franchise Tax Board offers them.

The Sate of California Franchise Tax Board lists the following criteria to qualify for the tax credit:

  • You were a California resident for the entire year.
  • Your California adjusted gross income (AGI) is:
    • $38,259 or less if your filing status is single or married/RDP filing separately.
    • $76,518 or less if you are married/RDP filing jointly, head of household, or qualified widow(er).
  • You paid rent for at least half the year for property in California that was your principal residence.
  • The property you rented was not exempt from California property tax.
  • You did not live with another person for more than half the year (such as a parent) who claimed you as a dependent.
  • You were not a minor living with and under the care of a parent, foster parent, or legal guardian.
  • You or your spouse/RDP was not granted a homeowner’s property tax exemption during the tax year.
  • You may still qualify for the credit if your spouse/RDP claimed a homeowner’s exemption and you maintained a separate residence for the entire year.

For more detailed information, forms, and assistance, homeowners and renters should visit the Franchise Tax Board website at: or call 1-800-868-4171.