As the New Year approaches, we cannot help but think of it as a restart for certain areas in our lives where we would like to see improvement. The most popular New Year’s resolutions entail improving health via fitness and better nutrition, boosting mental health with meditation and journaling, increasing quality of life by picking up new hobbies and traveling, and achieving professional success by obtaining raises and promotions.
That sounds like an awful lot of pressure! Perhaps using this simple acronym can help you keep your New Year’s Resolution(s) on track:
- Specific: What really needs to be accomplished? Limit resolutions and PRIORITIZE!
- Measurable: Before you begin, establish milestones and keep track of them.
- Achievable: Be honest—is the resolution reasonable? Perhaps start with a smaller goal.
- Relevant: Ask yourself why you are setting this goal. Is it important enough to motivate you to achieve it?
- Time-bound: Set realistic time frames to achieve your goals.
Wishing you the greatest success in holding fast to your New Year’s resolutions in 2024!
Forbes Health – Used for New Year’s resolution information
Atlassian – Used for S.M.A.R.T. acronym